Tuesdays starting in January
If you are over fifty, love to ski but hate crowds this is for you. We meet at the Summit Central Silver Fir Lodge on Tuesdays at 9 AM. Takashi Tsukamaki, Nancy Slye and John Martinson will be your leaders for three hours of great fun on skis. At noon we head in for lunch and comradery and are headed home by one or if you are so inclined back out on the mountain.
- This is a free event but we do ask you to register.
- Check your email each morning to see if the Senior group is operating.Lift Tickets are NOT included.
- Students receive a Discount Season Pass Form via email within a week after registering. See our Lift Ticket page for different season pass options.
- Equipment is NOT included. To avoid spending time with daily rentals, we suggest "Take Home Season Rentals." See our Equipment page for more information.
Experienced, friendly instructors bring fun to your mountain experience
- Groups are arranged by skill level
- Ski with other Seniors
- Ski Instructors providing guidance, not instruction.
- Must be able to ski blues! Beginners must register for a Mohan Class.
- Get direction from Experienced and Knowledgeable Staff
- Get to see the Mountain the way most people never do
- Free program! We give back to the community
Determined by what you're able to do below
Ski LevelsLevel 1 - Little or No Skiing Experience
Level 2 - Rides Magic Carpet unsupervised - Controls speed and direction with wedge turns
Level 3 - Skis Holiday slope unsupervised - Controls speed and direction with wedge turns on green slopes
Level 4 - Links Christie turns - brings skis parallel last 1/3 of turn- on blue slopes
Level 5 - Links Christie II turns - brings skis parallel at or before fall-line - on blue slope and uses turn radius to control speed and direction
Level 6 - Links Christie III turns - showing consistent speed and smooth directional changes
Level 7 - Links skidded parallel turns showing consistent speed and smooth transitions on blue slopes
Level 8 - Links parallel turns showing consistent speed and smooth transitions on black slopes
Level 9 - Links parallel turns with precise pole touch and upper body moving into new turn on black slopes
Level 1 - Have never snowboard before - is new to the sport
Level 2 - Rider can ride beginner chair unassisted and can stop, heel slip and toe slip on easy terrain. Rides using mostly one edge.
Level 3 - Rider can make controlled linked toe and heel side turns on green terrain
Level 4 - Rider can make linked toe and heel side turns on gentle blue terrain - and uses primarily one edge on steeper blue terrain
Level 5 - Rider can make controlled linked toe and heel side turns on most blue terrain
Level 6 - Rider can make controlled linked toe and heel side turns on blue terrain carving the last half of each turn
Level 7 - Rider can make controlled linked turns carving on blue terrain
Level 8 - Rider can make controlled linked turns on black terrain
Level 9 - Rider can make controlled linked turns on all slopes in all conditions
Senior Ski Group is a free program for seniors, and is one of the many ways we give back to the community. Participants must register below, and sign the liability release.
To join the Senior program please complete this form.